Tuesday, December 10, 2013

American Nightmare


 Coming into the movie halfway already gave me a bias opinion about if I was going to enjoy it or not. But then seeing the foreign society fighting throught the struggle of poverty and drought, this interested me because I wanted to see where they lived, eat, bathed and worked. 

I related to the passion Tsotsi had for the baby in striving for a better future or in a sence, some hope. When Tsotsi tries to make amends with his family and it becomes an uncomfortable scene but he gains his brothers respect back. This is how I feel about my broken ties with my family and how even when I feel I have a valid point, my family doesn't seem to see things in my perspective.

With the economics around in the African region, I would feel that my government would support its citizens with the resources they need to live. Although this wasn't the case in Tsotsi life and he had to commit illegal actions in order to support himself financially, in having done this he stumbles upon an infant and draws close to the child when he feels a sence of hope. 

Hope that one day the economics of their country and unstable living conditions will improve in the future, then children of later generations may have a happier experience on earth. I enjoyed the movie regardless of seeing only the second half, it touched a sensitive side of my heart that made me relate to the past struggles I've endured.

No comments:

Post a Comment